On the body, sound work is a relaxation therapy technique that is performed on a fully clothed client and requires little to no touch. In a typical session, therapeutic grade singing bowls are placed on and around the body and activated by striking with a padded felt mallet, producing powerful sound vibrations. The result is a soothing sound and subtle vibration that relaxes mentally and physically.
The body is made up of 80 percent water, therefore, the vibrations can penetrate deeply into the muscles and tissues, as well as on a cellular level. Once the body begins to relax, respiratory and heart rate slow down, blood pressure lowers, and pain is gently reduced in the body. The long resonant harmonic tones of the bowls allow the brain to enter alpha and even theta brainwave states through entrainment. These frequencies are known to access the subconscious, bring about deep insight, intuition, and creativity.
To receive maximum benefit, it is recommended that you hydrate and drink plenty of water before (and after) receiving a session. Water itself can carry vibration further, and well-hydrated muscles will better absorb the vibration. Also, muscle tissue that is hydrated is more elastic and pliable which allows for a more effective VST session.
The production of the vibrational waves directly on the body, along with soothing ambient tones, is such a strong treatment that clients report effects ranging from deep relaxation to a meditative state to restful sleep. After experiencing a state of deep relaxation, you will feel mentally and emotionally refreshed!
- Quickly introduce a deep meditative state
- Reduce depression and sleep issues
- Ease blockages and tension
- Entrain the brain
- Reduce stress
- Raise focus and gain a clear mind
- Calm the mind, body, and spirit in conjunction
- Boost Creativity
- 60 Min Session - Fully emerge yourself in the relaxing experience of vibrational sound therapy. VST will support the development of inner harmony and provide new energy and centeredness as you maneuver through the stress of daily life.
- 30 Min Session - Great introductory to vibrational sound therapy or as an add-on to an acupuncture treatment.